Shop!

Shop!
Shop here!
Follow on Bloglovin

Search

Monday, November 18, 2013

My Eyebrows

Someone asked me about my brows so I've decided to share what I've done to them.
I used to get them threaded at this Indian shop at East Point before the mall went under renovation. Their only other outlet is at Kallang and there's no way I'm gonna travel there just to get my brows done so I was on the look out for a new brow house. Didn't want to go back to Browhaus cause the price was just increasing and increasing and I couldn't justify the price so my best friends and I stopped going there. Anyways, my colleague recommended her brow place which was Sophia Brow House and the outlet she goes to is the Marine Parade one ( near Parkway). Gave it a try and ended up signing a package HAHA So yeah I go there to do my brows.

Note: I do do my brows on my own sometimes when I'm bored but I treat brow threading as a treat to myself HAHA

My brow situation: I have relatively thick brows because the hair strands are thick but I don't have a lot of brow hair. So I have irritating gaps within my brows which make them disappear in pictures.
My hair is a lot lighter now and my brows were quite dark so I decided to be yolo and DIY bleach them and they were a success! 
Bought the bleach powder and solution cream thing from a random beauty supply shop near my house that I'd never been to. Didn't even watch any tutorials and just decided to common sense it. Thank God they turned out fine! 
Anyways, I just mixed the powder and solution till it formed a paste and covered my brows with it. I did it like 3 times for about 5-7 minutes each time cause I was scared I would completely bleach them off. 

Here are some pics~






Ignore my red face please.



My brows are now lighter and easier to fill them in cause sometimes filling them in would make them quite full and I don't like full brows. I like them like naturally full but like not full full. HAHA 

Products I use on my brows:

I used to use the MAC Brow Set in Showoff on my brows with the Essence Brow Pencil in Dark Brown when my hair was darker because these products have a red undertone and my hair has a natural red tint.




Ever since I dyed my hair ash blonde ( it's fading) I've been using the Essence Brow Pencil in Blonde and any light brown eye shadow I have. I fill in my brows pretty lightly in the front and darker at the ends cause I don't have much hair there. I use hair spray to set them nowadays :) I spray the hair spray on a spoolie and just brush my brows :)


Review on products:

MAC Brow Set: It's good I guess. It's the only brow gel I've ever used so I have nothing to compare it too. When I use this I use it alone. I don't draw before because it's quite dark. 



Essence Brow Pencils: I love these pencils HAHA they are super cheap and they last well on my brows. Definitely recommend!!!! (Y)


Will be back for another product review tmr!!! 
Lots of love,
Alexandria 

No comments:

Post a Comment